Lead Engineer Mechanical Systems
Profile Lead Engineer Mechanical Systems
As Lead Engineer Mechanical Systems you will focus on the technical spaces, ship’s systems and mechanical equipment. The integration of all systems in the design within limited space boundaries is a true challenge for you. You will manage a small engineering team, liaise with engineering partners and maintain contact with the client and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that regulative requirements have been met.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Execute engineering in 4 phases: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support
- Supervise a small team of engineers
- Monitor quality. Assess input from our own employees, but also from suppliers and subcontractors
- Perform complex Class calculations, strength, flow and frequency calculations
- Prepare technical space layouts, system diagrams, outfitting arrangements
- Coordinate the outsourcing of work to subcontractors
- Support in client, class and national authorities’ approval process
- Organize and monitor interfaces and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers
- Prepare functional descriptions and technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specs
- Play an active role in 3D review and guidance of detail engineering partners.
Requirements Lead Engineer Mechanical Systems
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanical engineering
- At least five years’ experience with complex projects
- You master good communication skills, preferably in Dutch and English
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD, Nupas-Cadmatic, Pipeflow, and other relevant software
- You are quality conscious, you find that teamwork is important and you have good communication skills in managing stakeholders.