Profile Contract Manager
We currently seek a Contract Manager for one of our clients.
1) Contract Management
1) Contract Management
- Administration of Main Contract and Sub-contracts terms and conditions and ensure adherence;
- Supply commercial and contractual assistance to Supply Chain;
- Coordinate Insurance and Bank Guarantee requirements with legal, Support and participate in the development of contracting strategies, preparation of Sub-contracts and management of Sub-contract tendering and award process;
- Prepare and manage the Contract requirements Plan;
- Monitor the performance and compliance with the contractual requirements and the signatory powers, expedite disciplines where necessary and highlight potential areas of concern;
- Contribute to the commercial and contractual awareness across the Project Team throughout the life of the project;
- Report Main contract deliverables – liaise with Engineering Project Manager and Planning Engineer to establish exhaustive list of specs, drawings, manuals, format, and requirement dates etc. as required by Contract & follow up of their timely submission;
- Identification , highlight and presentation to the project team of Contract notice periods, key risks and any relevant clauses – e.g. comments system, client reviews etc. and provision of associated support thereafter (including preparation of contract handbook for Site construction management);
- Draft formal and ensure up to date Project correspondence as applicable:
- Payment Milestones follow-up; Identification, highlight and presentation to the team of Contract notice and submission requirements, key risks and any relevant clauses – e.g. client approval etc. and provision of associated support thereafter.
- Maintain a compliant auditable contractual management.
- Contribute to the commercial and contractual awareness across the Unit team(s) throughout the life of the contract(s);
- Draft formal and ensure up to date Project correspondence as applicable;
- Payment follow-up and support;
- Participate and Provide input to Risk and Opportunities management;
- Ensure delivery and warranty conditions are applied in line with contract provisions.
- Formalize and resolve any potential claims against Client, Subcontractor and Vendors (in conjunction with Supply Chain and Legal) and manage the change process;
- Manage EOTs, Guarantee period and Insurance Claims in liaison with Legal and Insurance;
- Ensure fully auditable dossiers by documentation and filling.
- Ensure provision of timely notifications to Client/Subcontractor/Vendor as and when required by the Main Contract/Subcontracts/POs and whenever deemed necessary to protect the company rights;
- Coordinate and control the Contract/Subcontracts Close Out process.
- Ensure provision of input for the Cost/Financial and Management Reporting as required.
Requirements Contract Manager
- Contracting skills (i.e. drafting, negotiation);
- Business planning & organization skills;
- Leadership and proactive behavior;
- Self-starter and possess good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Flexible and adaptable to react to operational changes.
- Master’s or Honour’s Degree or MBA in one of the following disciplines (Business Management, Law, Construction Law, Engineering or Quantity Surveying).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in all aspects of the contract management (Contract, Planning & control, budgeting, executive reports, company compliance) at an international level;
- Broad experience in sales and lease contracts, in executing contract negotiation and claims;
- Experience of project execution interface;
- Experience within the Oil & Gas industry preferred;
- EPC contracting experience also considered for the role.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).