Static Equipment Engineer
Profile Static Equipment Engineer
We currently seek a Static Equipment Engineer for one of our clients.
As Static Equipment Engineer you perform all necessary engineering activities related to a variety of static equipments, such as drums, heat ex changers, reactors, columns, filters, air coolers etc. You support / assist other Static Equipment Engineers with the performance of their assignments. You assist the Static Equipment Supervisor in maintaining static equipment related specifications and standards. Furthermore, you educate Jr. Static Equipment Engineers.
- Prepare weight, wind, earthquake, stability, strength and pressure calculations related to static equipment;
- Prepare Technical Specifications, Equipment Data Sheets, Requisitions and Technical Bid Tabulations;
- Review Customer technical requirements and incorporate in project related data sheets and specifications;
- Perform Vendor document review to check suitability of the detailed design;
- Review detailed design drawings prepared by third parties;
- Coordinate static equipment related issues with the other disciplines Process, Electrical, Instrumentation, Furnaces, Piping, Civil, Procurement and Construction;
- Assist project in technical coordination with the Customers;
- Review the project schedule related to static equipment items;
- Prepare hours estimates and detailed planning of own work;
- Timely report engineering changes effecting manpower and schedule by means of CN procedure and follow-up upon Department and Project Manager’s approval;
- Report engineering and design status, progress and manpower forecast to the project manager, section supervisor and departmental manager;
- Assist sales and estimating department in obtaining and evaluating Vendor quotations for proposals;
- On request assist the QC department in performing inspections at Manufacturers shops and at construction sites;
- Ensure adequate 2nd pair of eyes check is performed by using the available design review checklists;
- Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists, Quality Improvement Points);
- Use Quantity Tracker Program (timely update and inform Project, Procurement and Construction about changes).
Requirements Static Equipment Engineer
Education and Experience:
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Min. 5 years in similar function;
- Knowledge of international standards related to pressure equipment, such as ASME series, EN13445, AD2000, PD5500, TEMA, API and PED requirements;
- Knowledge of the typical material groups to be applied. For the company's proprietary processes, it is required to obtain knowledge of the material groups related to specific services such as H2, H2S, high temperature exposure, metal dusting, cyclic etc;
- Knowledge of applying equipment design software, such as Microprotol and Compress;
- Familiar with Finite Elements related software;
- Knowledge of applying 2D drafting software, such as Autocad or Microstation;
- Language English, (Dutch), (German).
- Information Processing: Is able to collect, absorb, put in order and process information;
- Accuracy: Is able to execute tasks with a high level of accuracy. Processes data and/or performs actions with a high level of precision;
- Flexibility: Is able to change their own behavior when chances or problems arise in order to reach a goal;
Job related competences:
- Analytical ability: Is able to unravel complicated problems or situations and subsequently put them in order and formulate these in a clear way;
- Writing skills: Is able to put opinions clearly into words and to connect to the reader. Is able to formulate complicated matters in a concise way and to choose words precisely. Is able to make adequate summaries and to write grammatically correct;
- Verbal presentation: Is able to bring forward ideas and opinions in an understandable language to the audience.
- Teamwork: Is able to execute a task in a team; contributes to the group harmony and to maximize commitment of the members for the group goal, if needed to the expense of his/her own short term interests;
- Quality awareness: Is aware that the delivered product must comply with defined demands, norms and priorities and acts upon these. Takes responsibility for the realized level of quality. Aims for continuous quality improvement;
- Result orientated: Is able to work result- and goal orientated, where also possible interesting sidesteps are used. States results clearly and the way by which they can be reached.