Project Manager Engineering
Profile Project Manager Engineering
We currently seek a Project Manager Engineering for one of our clients.
As a Project Manager Engineering, you are responsible for the engineering process and output within your discipline. Ensuring a smooth building process is your goal. You will manage an engineering team and engineering partners, partly on site, partly subcontracting, local and international. You will also maintain contact with the client representatives and classification societies in order to ensure the final technical execution meets all requirements. Other responsibilities are integration of purchased systems and equipment and maintaining frequent contact with co-makers and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that the building yard has all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. Finally you will also be involved in a supportive role for building and commissioning and attend trials if considered required, in order to close the practical feedback loop towards the engineering team.
Your tasks & responsibilities include:
- Managing the four phases of engineering: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Managing, supervising and assessing a comprehensive team of (lead) engineers;
- Managing outsourced engineering work at interior builders;
- Managing the integration of purchased systems and equipment;
- Managing the client, Class and national authorities approval process;
- Preparing the lists of deliverables, estimating and planning the engineering work;
- Monitoring quality, progress and costs. Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners;
- Assisting during sea trials and preparing status reports. Organizing document control and configuration control;
- Organizing review moments and ensuring a good work environment and team spirit for all team members.
Requirements Project Manager Engineering
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- At least five years’ experience in managing complex engineering projects, strongly preferably in the Cruise industry;
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in English and preferable Dutch;
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you;
- The willingness to travel on a frequent basis (about one week every two months);
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic;
- Shipbuilding experience preferred;
- Large projects experience > 150 million Euro;
- Able to manage project stake holders;
- Capable to work in multi-site project team, Holland/Poland/Romania;
- Able to empower people within his team;
- Able to oversee the whole project by delegating to his team but remains informed and in control;
- Able to manage complex project both technical, commercial as organizational.